Speaker Agreement Details
This Agreement is made and entered into by and between CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., (“ORGANIZATION”), a GEORGIA entity with offices at 4080 McGinnis Ferry Road, Building 800, Suite 801, Alpharetta, GA USA 30005 and SPEAKER APPLICANT (herein “Speaker Applicant “), an individual 21 years of age or older, (“Speaker Applicant”).
Speaker Applicant and CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., agree as follows:
Event Specific Details
- Speaker shall participate in a breakout, general session, workshop and/or moderated panel discussion panel session and/or individual presentation to be held at the CONCIERGE MEDICINE FORUM in Cumming, GA on October 21-23, 2021 (the “Event”).
- In preparation, the Speaker agrees to:
a. meet all program-related deadlines provided to him/her by CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., including but not limited to deadlines for slides, handouts, A/V requests, etc.;
b. participate in two rehearsal/prep sessions at mutually convenient times to be arranged;
c. promote his/her session through the Speaker Appliant’s social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, personal and company websites, etc.); (Social media language with short links and hashtags will be provided to Speaker by the session coordinator prior to the event)
d. use the presentation and handout templates and logos provided to him/her by CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., for any presentations and/or handouts Speaker Applicant may utilize in connection with the program. Speaker agrees to only use the templates and logos as provided by CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC. and in accordance with its branding guidelines and not in any way except in connection with this or other CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC. programs;
e. provide a copy of his/her presentation for use in session video post-production.
- If possible the speaker will also:
i. Send a press release through their organization (CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC. to provide a customizable template) provided CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC. reviews and approves such press release prior to its distribution.
- If possible the speaker will also:
General Terms and Conditions
With respect to the Speaker’s participation in the Event:
Speaker Applicant shall own the copyright in all materials provided for, or created by Speaker Applicant at the Event except for materials specifically created solely for CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC ’s use or materials incorporating CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC ’s intellectual property. To the extent the Speaker provides their intellectual property to CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC for use in the Event, Speaker Applicant grants CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free license to use, reproduce, and distribute the intellectual property in connection with the Event;
b. Speaker Applicant grants CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC and its agents, licensees, members, and employees a royalty-free, perpetual license to publish, reproduce or otherwise use the Speaker’s name, picture, likeness, comments, voice for any lawful purpose in all media in connection with the Event;
c. Speaker Applicant is knowingly and voluntarily taking part in the activities for which their image is being captured and understands the associated requirements;
d. Speaker Applicant releases and waives any and all claims, damages, losses and expenses as a result of, or arising from, their participation;
e. To the best of Speaker Applicant’s knowledge, their presentation does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, or privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
f. Speaker Applicant has obtained all necessary licenses and permissions for any third party intellectual property including, but not limited to, music, video or other media shown as part of the Speaker’s presentation;
g. Speaker Applicant shall conduct themselves in a professional and civil manner and in accordance with the CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC Code of Conduct;
h. Speaker Applicant agrees that no portion of the resulting media created at the Event, containing Speaker’s name, biographical information, quotes, photographs, or recorded interviews needs to be submitted for any approval.
CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC prohibits discrimination, harassment or bullying against any person because of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity, appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC expects that the Speaker shall maintain an environment free of discrimination, including harassment, bullying, or retaliation when and where ever those individuals are conducting ORGANIZATION business or participating in CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC events or activities.
- Speaker shall indemnify, release, defend, and hold harmless Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., its directors, affiliated companies, affiliated representatives and/or employees, contractors, sub-contractors, any and all officers and/or employees from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, losses, damages, liabilities, death, dismemberment, costs and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of a third party claim, action, or proceeding, based directly or indirectly on any breach of Speaker’s warranties contained herein or arising from or relating to Speaker’s performance under this Agreement.
- Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., shall indemnify, release, defend, and hold harmless the Speaker from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of a third party claim, action, or proceeding, based directly or indirectly on any breach of Concierge Medicine Today, LLC.,’s warranties contained herein or arising from or relating to Concierge Medicine Today, LLC.,’s performance under this Agreement.
Compensation and Expenses
- Speaker is 100% responsible for all hotel, travel, and meal expenses.
- Speaker will NOT be issued a travel stipend.
For those presenting at Annual Conference, you agree to work with a Speaker Liaison who will be your primary point
of contact for keeping you on track with deadlines and requirements. They will also offer feedback on your
presentation and serve to introduce you at the Conference.
You agree to author a presentation and represent that you own all rights in the presentation or that the content is in the public domain, free of all claims, liens and encumbrances and have full power to execute this Agreement. You agree to obtain any permission or clearance required for the content of your presentation at the Conference by your employer, the owner of the presentation content or any other necessary organization or individual prior to submitting the presentation to Concierge Medicine Today, LLC event attendees.
If your presentation is a work-for-hire presentation or is based on your work with another company, you agree that you are the sole author(s) and the owner of the presentation content (the company cited in the presentation) has granted written permission for this content to be presented and distributed at the Concierge Medicine Forum and/or other Concierge Medicine Today, LLC specified event.
You represent that the presentation does not infringe the statutory copyright or common law literary rights of others or violate the rights of privacy or libel other persons or otherwise violate any other intellectual property rights. If the presentation contains copyrighted material owned by a third party, you agree to obtain written permission from the copyright owner to use the copyrighted material in the presentation. Written permission must be shared with Concierge Medicine Today, LLC no later than 8-12 weeks prior to the education event.
You, the company/organization, or you are sub-contracted through or companies or entities you represent all knowingly and willingly consent and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Concierge Medicine Today, LLC, its licensees, representatives, affiliated brands, affiliated companies, assignees and contractors in any action arising out of facts which constitute a breach of the aforementioned representations and warranties and hold them harmless for any and all third-party claims, damages, liabilities, costs, charges and expenses including reasonable attorneys’ fees arising out of any breach of the aforementioned representations and warranties or relating to the content of the presentation. This clause does not apply to the United States of America, and officers, employees, agents and other personnel to the extent the preceding terms and conditions are prohibited by Federal law.
You grant Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., the rights to include your presentation content in the conference proceedings in hardcopy and/or electronic format. A copy of your slide presentation (or other presentation program) must be made available for download by registered Conference participants both prior to and after the Conference. Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., may also allow its members to access your presentation indefinitely via digital recording and/or audio or slide deck presentations. Your session may be recorded and made available to Conference participants, Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., attendees, readers members or the general public either at additional cost or for a fee of which you agree, and your employer and/or company affiliattion consent to is not entitled to any royalties. Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., can add your name, topic and short biography to the Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., “Concierge Medicine Forum” and related Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., brand owned website(s) for any marketing materials. Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., may use any recordings, photographs, statements and/or portions of your presentation for advertising and marketing purposes of future Conferences.
You agree that your presentation will not disparage any other methodologies or bodies of work and will conduct yourself in a professional, ethical fashion.
You agree to ensure that your education session is a Sales-Free Zone. Unless specifically designated, Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., programs are non-commercial forums. Under no circumstances shall any Concierge Medicine Today, LLC “Concierge Medicine Forum” event be a speaking platform to be used as a place for direct promotion of a speaker’s product, service or monetary self-interest. Selling from the podium is defined as: Making a sales transaction; Handing out price lists; Discounting others’ views, models, or products in the session; Including company literature in speaker handouts and/or distributing company materials or products.
Non-Discriminatory Presentation Guidelines: Instructors must refrain from overt statements or offensive humor, which would disparage the dignity of any individual or group. Following are some non-discriminatory presentation guidelines:
- Use non-discriminatory words in verbal and written communications.
- Review your material and substitute asexual words such as sales representative or sales person instead of salesman. Refrain from using labels (e.g., referring to women as “girls”). Eliminate sexist language in your handouts (i.e. replace masculine pronouns with he or she, or reword sentences or phrases).
- If you encourage audience participation, acknowledge and give equal opportunity for contribution.
- Avoid discriminatory jokes (e.g., belittling a person’s sex, race, or age, or perpetuating a stereotype).
- Introduce panel members in a non-sexist manner. Ask panelists how they wish to be presented. Avoid references to personal/physical attributes. Acknowledge professional positions, skills and contributions to the industry. Be consistent in the use of names and titles, giving the same type of information and level of formality for each. As an example: “Dr. Mary Jones, Vice President of ABC Presentations, and Dr. John Smith, Sales Manager of Smith & Associates, will join us today.”
- Avoid visual aids that show people in stereotypical roles. Regardless of sex, race, age groups, etc., present individuals without bias.
Failure to comply with this agreement and/or to adhere to the deadlines could result in your being removed from the
schedule. Failure to comply with this agreement and/or to adhere to the deadlines could result in your being removed
from the schedule. By participating in the application process, you certify that you are agreeing to all of the items outlined in this agreement. A linked copy of this agreement will be made available as well during the application process.
CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., will assign a Production Manager/Host to coordinate Webinar/Podcast production. The Production Manager/Host will assist in every step of the process from planning to promotion and follow up, to ensure a successful event.
CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., may engage in the following tactics to promote your Webinar/Podcast to our audience. CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., encourages the Sponsor/Speaker to engage in similar tactics and will provide assistance and support, within reason, as requested. Not all tactics will be used for every Webinar/Podcast.
- Inclusion in CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC.,’s weekly eJournal Email
- Placement in the weekly CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., social media feeds
- Social media promotion
- Listing in CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC.,’s DocPreneur Leadership Academy library
- Email to a targeted audience selected specifically for your sponsorship/content/topic.
- Additionally as another added benefit, in order to maximize exposure, add a longer shelf-life to your presentation/session/talk and increase your visibility as an expert, brand and/or your practice and/or your company and services, Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., may bundle and/or sell these webinars/podcasts/speeches, stories, interviews, and/or presentations in different ways online and offline over the next year and well into the future without notification, consent and/or royalties as well.
- Assistance in effective promotion of the Webinar/podcast to your own database
- Archive version available on demand in CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., DocPreneur Leadership Podcast and DocPreneur Leadership Academy Library of Webinars/Podcasts/Virtual Events/Master Classes for six months, or less, or more.
POSITIONING OF SPEAKER
Concierge Medicine Today, LLC. and/or its Representatives shall have full positioning latitude on all speakers/topics/subject matter/advertisements/sponsorship and speaker content (eg files, topic, content, subject matter, concepts, etc) and may use it, promote it, post it, move it, display it at its discretion in digital and physical form. NOTE: CMT has full discretion and can move speakers time slot, remove/modify/reject speaker sessions, posts from Speaker and or affiliated speaking slot for any reason without notice and without liability. We also reserve the right to remove a speaker and or speaker-affiliated sponsor without notice should blatant disregard for our stated Code of Conduct, quality, content, SPAM or other posts/comments/graphics, links, etc., be found.
Sponsor/Speaker will be owner of all Webinar/Podcast content and grants CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., a full, non-exclusive license to use such content to promote, sell and/or market the Webinar/Podcast. CONCIERGE MEDICINE TODAY, LLC., may redistribute and/or repurpose the Webinar(s)/Podcast(s) content without prior approval from Sponsor/Speaker.
Sponsor and/or Speaker is solely responsible for any liability arising out of or relating to Sponsor and/or Speaker’s Content in the Webinar(s)/Podcast(s), and/or any material to which users can link through the Content.
Cancellation and Force Majeure
- Speaker agrees to notify Concierge Medicine Today, LLC.,’s program managers immediately in the event that an emergency should prevent him/her from meeting his/her obligation as a session panelist. Any substitution of a new speaker shall require Concierge Medicine Today, LLC.,’s written consent and approval by Concierge Medicine Today, LLC.
- None of the parties shall be liable to the other party for any delay or failure to perform arising out of causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, government authority, riots, epidemics, unusually severe weather, fire, floods, war, terrorism, embargoes, labor disputes or strikes.
Concierge Medicine Today, LLC. CODE OF CONDUCT
Be supportive. Encourage and support your fellow members. No one here is looking for your criticism, cynicism, advice, or judgement. (We can get those things on the rest of the Internet).
Share generously. Your stories and experiences may be exactly what another member needs to hear today to solve a problem or seize an opportunity.
Be constructive. We’re here to push each other forward and lift each other up. Find ways to help each other think bigger, reframe challenges, and stay curious.
Don’t spam, promote, or troll. This community exists to help you learn. Give more than you take to this group. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed. It’s not a place to spam, promote your services, or bully anyone else.
CONSENT FORM, WAIVER, Acknowledgements and RELEASE of LIABILITY
RELEASE of LIABILITY
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING AND/OR ATTENDING THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared for participation in the activity or event, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity or event. I acknowledge that this Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity or event in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity or event. In consideration of me wanting to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage,property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Concierge Medicine Today (CMT) their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, the activity or event holders, activity or event sponsors, activity or event volunteers; Furthermore, I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE Concierge Medicine Today (CMT) the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise. I furthermore acknowledge that CMT and their employees, contract workers, volunteers, directors, officers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of CMT. I acknowledge that this activity or event may involve physical activity, and may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity or event. I understand that at this event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns. The accident waiver and release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
By participating, registering, speaking, sponsoring, and/or attending and being in or outside the building near the event, etc., you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 or other health risk(s) exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the CMT FORUM you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and any other health risk(s) and agree not to hold Concierge Medicine Today, LLC., or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
If you do not feel well or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend.
Upon entering the event venue, attendees may be asked to scan a QR code that will take them to a questionnaire to mark their attendance, answer screening questions, and have their temperatures taken. Temperatures may be taken by a masked volunteer or employee or representative. If an in-person event attendee has a temperature of 100.4 or greater they will NOT be permitted in the event venue.
There will be multiple sanitation stations located throughout the venue.
Please follow all social distancing guidelines including, remaining 6 ft. apart and refrain from shaking hands. “Any person entering the premises waives all civil liability against this premises owner and operator for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings, except for gross negligence, willful and wanton misconduct, reckless infliction of harm, or intentional infliction of harm, by the individual or entity of the premises.”
Seating may or may not be spaced out to comply with the social distancing guidelines.
We ask you to please wear a mask out of respect for guests and team members. Masks will be provided for your use but are not mandatory.
Acknowledgments (applies to virtual or physical events)
By registering to attend this event, I understand the hazards and risks of attending this event in-person and the risks of COVD-19 and other health ailments. I am familiar with the CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated. I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates.
I acknowledge and fully assume the risk of illness or death related to COVID-19 arising from my being on the premises and participating in the event in-person.
I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE (on behalf of myself and my business, etc.) Concierge Medicine Today (CMT), their employees, representatives, speakers, etc., and their employees and the Forsyth Conference Center and their employees from any liability related to COVID-19 which might occur as a result of my being on the premises and participating in the event.
I understand the guidelines which CMT has set in place, and I agree to uphold these guidelines to help keep myself and other attendees safe. If I choose not to uphold these guidelines, I understand that I could be asked to leave the event and will not receive a refund.
By registering, attending, participating, speaking, sponsoring, etc., I acknowledge fully the risk(s) I am taking and yes, I have read and fully understand the risks associated with attending in-person events. And, I agree to not hold CMT and its employees, represenatives liable for any illness or harm that could arise from participating in this event in-person. I will will abide by all guidelines CMT has set in place. “Any person entering the premises waives all civil liability against this premises owner and operator for any injuries caused by the inherent risk associated with contracting COVID-19 at public gatherings, except for gross negligence, willful and wanton misconduct, reckless infliction of harm, or intentional infliction of harm, by the individual or entity of the premises.”
Any questions, please email the CMT FORUM Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-455-1650 x 111 if you have any questions.
NOTICE OF FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
(applies to virtual or physical events)
NOTICE of FILMING and PHOTOGRAPHY:
When you enter a Concierge Medicine Today (CMT) FORUM or event, room, breakout session, property outside/parking lot/picnic tables, workshop, reception, party, general session, hallway, lobby, etc., or program, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event premises, wherever the event is hosted, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by CMT and its affiliates and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar CMT events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of CMT. You release CMT, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web casting,televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by CMT or the person or entity designated to do so by CMT.
By purchasing a ticket [or otherwise accompanying/entering or being in the vicinity of the event] you have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event. I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I AGREE TO IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
Special Terms & Conditions
Depending on the type of Program, this Agreement is also subject to the additional special terms & conditions for each program/product/service/event/etc., listed above and at: www.ConciergeMedicineToday.org and www.ConciergeMedicineForum.com
- By reading this you agree to and consent to the Speaker Terms and Conditions. The Speaker Applicant understands that his/her invitation to participate can be modified and or date/times may be subject to change without notice at Concierge Medicine Today’s sole discretion
- The Speaker Applicant understands that his/her invitation to participate can be revoked if the Speaker fails to comply with any of the above obligations.
- Speaker Applicant understands that “applying to be a Speaker” and final confirmation of speaker selection are different and that simply applying does not guarantee or signify Speakers participation in a Concierge Medicine Today, LLC future event. Concierge Medicine Today, LLC, or a designated representative will provide verbal or written verfication of Speaker Applicant’s acceptance.
- Speaker Applicant acknowledges that they have read and understand this document and what it means with respect to their participation. Speaker Applicant warrants, represents, and agrees that they have the full power and authority to enter into this agreement; and has obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any necessary individuals or organizations prior to the Speaker Applicant’s presentation.